City of Allen Swim Team
The City of Allen Swim Team (COAST) is a summer only swim program that's part of the Texas Amateur Athletic Federation and sponsored by the City of Allen Parks and Recreation Department. COAST participates in weekly meets with other area TAAF teams with the opportunity to advance to the TAAF State Games of Texas.
Ages & Practices
Offseason PracticeCOAST does not offer offseason practice times, however many swimmers choose to enter the City of Allen Stroke Clinic Program. The class schedule can be found in the Fall 2017 LIFE guide.
All swimmers must adhere to the TAAF rules regarding
- Swimmers are allowed unlimited practice time between May 1 and December 31.
- Swimmers are limited to 90 minutes per week between January 1 and April 30.
Winter GamesAny COAST swimmers interested may participate in the TAAF Winter Games, held every January. Information is distributed to stroke clinic participants and through the COAST email list.
Swimmers can register in person at Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium. All COAST practices are held at the newly renovated Ford Pool.
- The COAST Parent Meeting is at Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium on May 21 at 6:30 p.m.
- The 2017 COAST Packet includes almost all the information you need.
The swimmers are split into two age groups, 13 and older and 12 and under. Intermediate and Beginners have their choice of session times.
- Beginner - Must be able to perform
free styleand back stroke correctly. May not know all four strokes. Can swim the length of the pool.
- Intermediate - Knows all four strokes (
free style, back stroke, breast stroke, and butterfly). Able to perform free and back correctly.
- Advanced - Must be able to perform all four strokes correctly. Swam in advanced in the previous season or has
in advanced stroke clinics. swam
- 7-8:30 a.m. - Ages 13 and up
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. - Advanced Group 12 and Under
- 9:30-10:15 a.m. - Intermediate and Beginner 12 and Under
- 10:15-11 a.m. - Intermediate and Beginner 12 and Under
- 11-11:45 a.m. - Beginner 12 and Under
- $95 - Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium Members
- $105 - Non-Members