- Community Services
- Streets & Drainage
- Sidewalk Replacement Program
Sidewalk Replacement Program
Property owners are responsible for maintaining their sidewalks. City of Allen currently offers to share in the cost of repairs, covering up to 50% of the total cost. To find out if your sidewalk qualifies, call Community Services at 214.509.4500 or complete a Sidewalk Service Request through the MyAllen App. (See current sidewalk fees.)
The City coordinates and inspects all repair work. Repairs may be performed by city workers or by a contractor. The property owner must pay their total share of costs before work begins. Work will be scheduled and completed as quickly as possible.
Criteria for Sidewalk Replacement
- Sidewalk is located within the City of Allen Street Right-Of-Way
- Sidewalk sections to be replaced shall be a minimum of 8 linear feet in length
- Sidewalk has surface spalling with a depth of one-quarter (1/4) inch or greater, and covers 50% or more of the area in question
- Sidewalk sections are up heaved or depressed causing an abrupt change in grade of 40% or more [2 inches vertical in 10 inches horizontal] or creates an unsafe condition as determined by the Director of Community Services or his designee
- Sidewalk sections are broken with pieces missing
Sidewalk Replacement Assistance
The Community Enhancement Department is responsible for qualifying residents for the Sidewalk Replacement Program. If you are a homeowner who qualifies as low-to-moderate income per the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development guidelines, or, currently reside in one of five neighborhoods designated as low-to-moderate income based on 2020 Census data, then you may qualify for additional assistance. Please call Priscilla Ortiz, Planner, at 214.509.4175 to obtain an application.
If you have questions about the sidewalk replacement program itself, please call Community Services at 214.509.4500.